IBG1 gets deregistered after 15 minutes

I had some issues upgrading to version 1.4. As soon as I upgraded, quantrocket was not able to find ibg1. Whenever I tried to set the credentials I got back an error saying there was no gateway named ibg1. There was a gateway called ibg11 but when I tried to set the credentials for this, there was an error from Houston saying it couldn't connect.

I had updated docker earlier yesterday so I rolled back to docker 18.03.1, erased everything from docker (I think, I'm not sure if I erased everything correctly) and reinstalled quantrocket and that fixed the problem, now I can connect to ibg1. However, when fetching listings after like 15 minutes, ibg1 disconnects and I get an error saying that ibg1 is unreachable, automatically deregistering ibg1. When this happens I have to restart docker and reconnect. However, I can't do anything because it disconnects too often to be able to download anything.

I have QR installed on another computer and the upgrade went fine and I am able to use QR with ibg1 without it disconnecting. Any idea on what is going on? I have everything backed up so I can try and completely remove docker and reinstall everything fresh (although I'm not sure how to do this).

Thanks in advance!

It happened again on my other computer. However, this happened after hours of use, not 15 mins like before. I've attached an image of the error below. After this happens the terminal becomes very slow and I have to restart docker. The IB GUI still shows the API clients connected.

The "not reachable" message and the terminal becoming slow are probably both symptoms of the same issue, which sounds to me like a memory problem. Run docker stats to see how much memory and CPU each container is using. Is one of them using tons of memory (multiple GB)? What kinds of data collection etc are you currently running?

Thanks, now that you mention it, I forgot to change the memory size when I downgraded docker so that might be the issue. I will run it with increased memory size and see if I run into any problems.

I was downloading stock listings from BATS when it stopped but the memory size was set at 2gb.

Thanks again.

I reproduced the first issue you mentioned with ibg11 on the latest version of Docker and am tracking it here: