Can't log in with IB Gateway in v2.6

One of my logins stopped working through the new IB Gateway version (the login works fine in TWS and web portal). I called IBKR, and they told me it was because the version of IB Gateway I'm using (build 978) doesn't support longer usernames like mine. They told me to upgrade to the latest version.

I was previously able to log in fine with v2.5. Is there a way to go back to using that container image? I tried using image: 'quantrocket/ibg:2.5.0' for the ibg service in my docker compose file, but that's no longer available to download. Is there another image version name I can use?

I've confirmed that the IB Gateway version is causing the issue with my login. I installed the latest (build 981) in the ibg1 container and was able to log in manually through the GUI, though this doesn't register with list_gateway_statuses().

Side note - I don't mean to be messing around in your well-crafted containers and apologize if it seems like I'm creating issues (I really don't want to!). It's just been one unexpected thing after another for weeks trying to take my fairly involved ML system from paper to real trades via zipline. At this point, I'm just powering through however possible to make it work!

Anyhoo, I'd rather not rely on my janky version of ibg1 and don't know how the rest of the container is wired, so any image you have of the old v2.5 ibg would be super helpful.

Thanks!

2.5.0 used IB Gateway 981 (the image tag was 2.5.981.0, not 2.5.0) but we switched to 978 in 2.6.0 because, as of a few weeks ago, 978 was the current “stable” version and 981 was no longer the current “latest” version and there were some issues with the current latest version, 984. However, 981 is now the current “stable” version so it makes more sense to use that.

Because most users aren’t affected by the long username issue and the 2.6.0 release was so recent, we have updated the 2.6.0 ibg image instead of issuing a patch release. You can get the new image running 981 by doing:

docker-compose pull ibg1 && docker-compose up -d ibg1

I'll give this a shot, thanks so much!

Btw as you were typing this, I found your IBC fork on github and managed to make my janky version work also with the single line added to ibgateway.vmoptions. Very impressed by the depth of your experience in this space!