Part 3 Usage Guide problems - prices query failing

Hi - I'm new at this apologies if question is a dumb one. I'm working through the guide, trying to get the hang of the data. I am at the interactive strategy development section on the code library, the python queries work using sharadar to get fundamentals. It fails when i try to query historical prices - specifically this query.

from quantrocket import get_prices

DB = "sharadar-1d"
UNIVERSES = "nyse-stk"
EXCLUDE_UNIVERSES = ["nyse-financials", "nyse-reits", "nyse-adrs"]

prices = get_prices(DB,
start_date="2014-01-01",
end_date="2016-01-01",
universes=UNIVERSES,
exclude_universes=EXCLUDE_UNIVERSES,
fields=["Close", "Volume"])
prices.tail()

I get the following error message.

HTTPError Traceback (most recent call last)
in ()
10 universes=UNIVERSES,
11 exclude_universes=EXCLUDE_UNIVERSES,
---> 12 fields=["Close", "Volume"])
13 prices.tail()

/opt/conda/lib/python3.6/site-packages/quantrocket/price.py in get_prices(codes, start_date, end_date, universes, conids, exclude_universes, exclude_conids, times, fields, timezone, infer_timezone, cont_fut, master_fields)
184 # separate history dbs from realtime dbs
185 history_dbs = set(list_history_databases())
--> 186 realtime_dbs = list_realtime_databases()
187 realtime_agg_dbs = set(itertools.chain(*realtime_dbs.values()))

/opt/conda/lib/python3.6/site-packages/quantrocket/realtime.py in list_databases()
239 """
240 response = houston.get("/realtime/databases")
--> 241 houston.raise_for_status_with_json(response)
242 return response.json()

/opt/conda/lib/python3.6/site-packages/quantrocket/houston.py in raise_for_status_with_json(response)
204 e.json_response = {}
205 e.args = e.args + ("please check the logs for more details",)
--> 206 raise e
208 # Instantiate houston so that all callers can share a TCP connection (for

/opt/conda/lib/python3.6/site-packages/quantrocket/houston.py in raise_for_status_with_json(response)
196 """
197 try:
--> 198 response.raise_for_status()
199 except requests.exceptions.HTTPError as e:
200 try:

/opt/conda/lib/python3.6/site-packages/requests/models.py in raise_for_status(self)
934 if http_error_msg:
--> 935 raise HTTPError(http_error_msg, response=self)
937 def close(self):

HTTPError: ('500 Server Error: Internal Server Error for url: http://houston/realtime/databases', {'status': 'error', 'msg': 'an unhandled exception occurred, please check flightlog for the traceback and notify support if the problem persists as this might be a bug', 'error': '(psycopg2.OperationalError) FATAL: database "_quantrocket_realtime_meta" does not exist\n (Background on this error at: Error Messages — SQLAlchemy 1.4 Documentation)'})

Any help much appreciated. I have kicked off the downloads i think, i managed to get the security filters all working in the stages before that, but falls over here. Any help greatly appreciated.
Thanks

The missing database should be created when the realtime service starts up and it appears that didn't happen. The first thing to try would be to relaunch that service:

docker-compose up -d --force-recreate realtime

Please open the detailed logs first and check for any tracebacks when the service is coming up. Then try the query again.

I'm assuming this is a fresh installation.

Hi Brian, Thanks for the reply! yes i did it yesterday, and i'm not great at all the behind the scenes database/install stuff by any means. Thanks - i will try and revert. Appreciated.

Hi Brian, where abouts do i put that command? I tried it in the terminal window and got the following?
jupyter:/codeload $ docker-compose up -d --force-recreate realtime
bash: docker-compose: command not found

i tried it in windows powershell and got his message:
ERROR:
Can't find a suitable configuration file in this directory or any
parent. Are you in the right directory?

Supported filenames: docker-compose.yml, docker-compose.yaml

i also tried it in the jupyter .ipynb and got this:
!docker-compose up -d --force-recreate realtime

/bin/sh: 1: docker-compose: not found

I must be doing something wrong! thanks in advance for your help.

In powershell, in the directory where your docker-compose.yml is located. Probably:

cd ~/quantrocket
docker-compose up -d --force-recreate realtime

This is great - thank you so much